Mercedes-Benz launches the CLA 200 in India at Rs 31.5 lakh (ex-Delhi)
Mercedes-Benz takes its first stab this year at Audi's number one position, by launching the highly anticipated CLA 200 in India. The car is positioned below the recently launched C-Class and will cater to the entry luxury car segment in the country. The car is priced at Rs 31.5 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the base trim, the CLA Style, which gets 16-inch alloys but no Harman Kardon 12-speaker audio system or panoramic sunroof.
Mercedes-Benz India MD, Eberhard Kern, with the new CLA class sedan
The Mercedes-Benz CLA offers two engine options, one petrol and one diesel, each with a turbocharger, both of which will be paired to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. The 2.0-litre petrol engine produces 184PS, and 300Nm of torque from just 1,200 rpm and is available only in the Sport trim. The diesel unit displaces 2.1 litres, with a power output of 135PS and an identical torque figure but from a slightly higher 1,600 rpm. Both the Sport and the Style variants can be opted for with the diesel mill.
Prices for the Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 (ex-Delhi):
CLA 200 CDI Style Rs 31.5 lakh
CLA 200 CDI Sport Rs 35.9 lakh
CLA 200 Sport Rs 35 lakh
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030