Mercedes-Benz launches the CLA 200 in India at Rs 31.5 lakh (ex-Delhi)
Mercedes-Benz takes its first stab this year at Audi's number one position, by launching the highly anticipated CLA 200 in India. The car is positioned below the recently launched C-Class and will cater to the entry luxury car segment in the country. The car is priced at Rs 31.5 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the base trim, the CLA Style, which gets 16-inch alloys but no Harman Kardon 12-speaker audio system or panoramic sunroof.
Mercedes-Benz India MD, Eberhard Kern, with the new CLA class sedan
The Mercedes-Benz CLA offers two engine options, one petrol and one diesel, each with a turbocharger, both of which will be paired to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. The 2.0-litre petrol engine produces 184PS, and 300Nm of torque from just 1,200 rpm and is available only in the Sport trim. The diesel unit displaces 2.1 litres, with a power output of 135PS and an identical torque figure but from a slightly higher 1,600 rpm. Both the Sport and the Style variants can be opted for with the diesel mill.
Prices for the Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 (ex-Delhi):
CLA 200 CDI Style Rs 31.5 lakh
CLA 200 CDI Sport Rs 35.9 lakh
CLA 200 Sport Rs 35 lakh
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Honda Elevate name trademarked, N7X-based 3-three SUV to launch in India?