Mercedes-Benz India to hike car prices by 10 per cent from Jan 2014
Following the footsteps of its German rivals, Mercedes has announced that they will hike car prices in India from January 2014. The price hike will be to the tune of 10 per cent. This can clearly be seen as a means to clear existing stocks and to make way for fresh ones in the new year. Mercedes which recently launched the SLK55 AMG here, so far, has had a successful year. The company launched many new models and is poised to bring in even newer ones in 2014.
Eberhard Kern, CEO of Mercedes India with the new SLK55 AMG
Eberhard Kern, managing director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, "Mercedes-Benz stands out for its iconic luxury offerings and continues to be admired for its complete luxury product experience. A fantastic year of offensive focus has helped us achieve tremendous success in India despite challenging market conditions and we will continue to build on our success by further enhancing our after-sales programmes, dealer network and customer support. As market dynamics continue to evolve we are committed to offer the best luxury experience and delight our valued customers."
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?