Mercedes-Benz India starts phase II production in Chakan
Mercedes-Benz India inaugurated the phase II production at its facility in Chakan, Pune. The Mercedes Chakan plant can now produce 20,000 cars per annum.
Along with the inauguration of the plant, Mercedes-Benz also announced local assembly of the GLA. The new price for the Mercedes-Benz GLA CDI is Rs 31.31 lakh for the Style trim and Rs 34.25 lakh for the Sport, ex-Pune respectively.
Mercedes says that they have installed state of the art equipment to assemble the MFA platform-based GLA SUV. Mercedes-Benz may also start local assembly of the CLA in the near future.
Starts Rs 42.1 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Best car for-Driving around the World
- Yezdi is back, three bikes launched; price range 1.98 - 2.09lakh