Mercedes-Benz India inaugurates new workshop in Mangaluru
Mercedes-Benz India has inaugurated a new workshop in Mangaluru. The new Sundaram Motors outlet is located at BC Road on the Mangaluru and Bengaluru highway. The workshop is spread over an area of 22,237 sq ft and has six service bays. It was inaugurated by Santosh Iyer, vice president - aftersales and retail training, Mercedes-Benz India, and Sharath Vijayaraghavan, executive director of Sundaram Motors.
The new Sundaram Motors workshop has been set up with an investment of Rs 5.5 crore. The luxury carmaker claims that the workshop can service up to 150 cars in a month. The new outlet offers the new Digital Service Drive from Mercedes-Benz which aims to reduce turnaround time and ensure higher transparency by using modern communication devices and channels like tablets and video calling. The workshop has the capability to carry out periodic maintenance, general repairs and diagnosis for customers.
This new Mangaluru workshop is the luxury carmaker's sixth outlet to be inaugurated in the country this year. With this new addition, the company now has 23 outlets in the southern part of the country. Currently, Mercedes-Benz India has 86 outlets across 40 cities.
Last month, the company inaugurated a new warehouse and retail training academy within the premises of its Chakan plant. The luxury carmaker has also started local assembly of the GLC SUV and its prices have dropped by around Rs 4 lakh.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector