Mercedes-Benz India announces black colour for A-Class diesel
Mercedes-Benz India has introduced a new colour for the sporty A-Class diesel. You can now book your A-Class diesel in black colour. The A-Class' palette earlier included just grey, white and red colours. This benevolence though hasn't been extended to the A-Class petrol but plans are on to bring the black colour option to the petrol variant and it should be available by next month. The company says that there is no increase in price for the black colour and the A-Class diesel retails at Rs 26,48696 (ex-showroom, Mumbai) and Rs 25,24675 (ex-showroom, Thane).
The black colour hasn't been extended to the A-Class petrol yet
The petrol is powered by a 1595cc, in-line, four cylinder engine generating 122.36PS and 200Nm of torque. The diesel on the other hand is a 2143cc, in-line, four cylinder unit producing 108.7PS of power and a respectable 250Nm of pulling power between the 1400-2800rpm range. Transmission for both the variants is the 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission. The petrol does the 0-100kmph sprint in 9.2 seconds while the diesel manages the feat in 10.6 seconds, as claimed by Mercedes.
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class has opened a whole new premium hatchback segment in the country and has little competition, which includes the BMW 1 Series.
Starts Rs 29.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- NewsOver 50,000 bookings for the Kia Sonet, diesel models account for 40 per cent
- NewsNissan Magnite revealed: Everything we know so far
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite global unveil, exterior styling, interiors, features, engines, variants, details
- FeaturesDefinitive luxury
- NewsAll-electric GMC Hummer unveiled, with 1,000PS and 560+km driving range