Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 AMG Coupe to be launched in India on January 12
Mercedes-Benz will launch the GLE 450 AMG Coupe in India on January 12, 2016. The GLE is essentially a facelifted M-Class which gets the new moniker because of the updated nomenclature. Apart from the new look, the GLE gets a host of new options and features.
The Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 AMG Coupe doesn't look like a conventional SUV and this is evident from its sloping coupe like roof line. The new face of the Mercedes-Benz GLE gets restyled headlights with new LED DRLs. Even the bumper and grille get a revamp from the earlier generation M-Class.
This one will also get an AMG styling kit with upgrades that include 20-inch AMG wheels. The side and the rear get minimum changes. The cabin layout of the new GLE 450 AMG gets basic changes for that added premium appeal. The steering wheel is new, gets more grip and larger controls. The control knob is larger and there's also a touchpad like in the C- and S-Class. Add to this, a knob for the various drive modes.
The GLE Coupe is powered by a 3.0-litre biturbo V-6 engine that makes 362PS at 5,500-6,000rpm and generates a torque of 520Nm at 1,800-4,000 rpm. This motor is mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission. The GLE coupe can reach 100 kmph in a mere 5.6 seconds. Post its launch in India, it will compete with the BMW X6.
Starts Rs 73.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 95 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet