Mercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback gets new diesel engines in Europe
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback range in Europe has been expanded by the addition of two new diesel engines. These variants are termed the A 200d and A 220d.
Both cars are equipped with Mercedes' newest generation 2.0-litre diesel motor, which does duty in cars like the C-Class here. In the A 200d, this motor puts out 150PS and 320Nm while in the A 220d this goes up to 190PS and 400 Nm. The A 200d gets from 0 to 100 kmph in 8.1s, this drops to 7.0s in the A 220d.
The base diesel A Class is the 1.5-litre diesel in the A 180d. The A Class is based on the new MFA II platform which will underpin a host of other small cars from the brand. The interiors of the new A-Class is dominated by the MBUX AI-based infotainment screen and features the traditional Mercedes attributes of plush materials and high quality.
There isn't news as to when the new A-Class will come to India. These engines could come in as higher-spec versions later on when the car is launched. We expect the hatchback to come to India by the middle of next year.
Starts Rs 41.2 Lakhs
- 2021 Force Gurkha deliveries begin across India
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate