Mercedes-AMG to launch C 63 S in India on September 3, 2015
Mercedes-AMG is bringing out the C-Class' heavily armed sibling, the C 63 S, on September 3, 2015 in India. Mercedes-AMG is skipping the relatively less powerful C 63 for now and jumping straight to the more powerful C 63 S which we drove in Portugal.
This car ditches its predecessor's 6.2-litre V8 and gets a relatively smaller 4.0-litre V8. However, this downsize in engine capacity certainly does not affect the C 63 S' performance. The folks over at AMG have squeezed two turbos in the 'V' of the engine to provide 510PS and 700Nm of torque at an instant. This engine debuted in the AMG GT, but surprisingly in the C 63 S produces 50Nm more. The engine is mated to a single clutch 7-speed AMG Speedshift MCT 7 which we found to be better than Mercedes' previous cars. Mercedes-AMG also claim an average fuel consumption of 11.9kmpl from this engine.
The C 63 S has a more aggressive look compared to its sibling. It gets the usual AMG treatment with bigger air intakes, flared wheel arches, bigger wheels and the signature quad-exhaust pipes. It also features a small lip spoiler that is said to improve downforce.
We expect the car to be priced between Rs 1.25-1.3 crore when it lands on our shores.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed