Mercedes-AMG S 63 sedan to be launched in India on August 11
Mercedes-Benz is all set to bring out the AMG version of the S 63 sedan. It will be launched in Bangalore on August 11. The Mercedes-AMG S 63 gets a significant bump in performance over the S-Class, by running a biturbo 5.5-litre V8 engine that produces 585PS of power and 900Nm of torque.
The S 63 will be close to a 100kg lighter than its predecessor thanks to Mercedes' weight saving measures such as an all-aluminium body, a weight-optimised composite brake system and a few carbon fibre components around the car. Mercedes claims that this weight loss gives the car a power-to-weight ratio of 286.5PS/tonne. The company claims a fuel efficiency of around 9.7kmpl. The Indian market will not get the 4Matic all-wheel-drive system as an option unlike the European and North American markets.
On the exterior, it is similar to the Mercedes-Benz S-Class save for a few subtle differences - a slightly reworked front bumper, AMG alloy wheels, the 'V8 Biturbo' and 'AMG' badges, and AMG's signature quad-exhaust system.
Starts Rs 2.17 Crore
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Honda Elevate name trademarked, N7X-based 3-three SUV to launch in India?