Mercedes-AMG S 63 sedan to be launched in India on August 11
Mercedes-Benz is all set to bring out the AMG version of the S 63 sedan. It will be launched in Bangalore on August 11. The Mercedes-AMG S 63 gets a significant bump in performance over the S-Class, by running a biturbo 5.5-litre V8 engine that produces 585PS of power and 900Nm of torque.
The S 63 will be close to a 100kg lighter than its predecessor thanks to Mercedes' weight saving measures such as an all-aluminium body, a weight-optimised composite brake system and a few carbon fibre components around the car. Mercedes claims that this weight loss gives the car a power-to-weight ratio of 286.5PS/tonne. The company claims a fuel efficiency of around 9.7kmpl. The Indian market will not get the 4Matic all-wheel-drive system as an option unlike the European and North American markets.
On the exterior, it is similar to the Mercedes-Benz S-Class save for a few subtle differences - a slightly reworked front bumper, AMG alloy wheels, the 'V8 Biturbo' and 'AMG' badges, and AMG's signature quad-exhaust system.
Starts Rs 1.36 Crore
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet