Mercedes-AMG One sets new Nurburgring lap record of 06 minutes and 35.183 seconds
At the Nurburgring Nordschleife, the Mercedes-AMG One with an F1 engine established a new lap record. On October 28, Maro Engel, a Mercedes DTM driver, completed the 156-corner circuit in the 1,062PS hypercar in 6 minutes, 35.183 seconds.
The Porsche 911 GT2 RS Manthey-Racing previously held the production car lap record with a timing of 6 minutes, 43.30 seconds.
The 1.6-litre V6 engine of the Mercedes-AMG One hypercar can rev to 11,000 rpm. Four electric motors are connected to this, two of which are at the front and one each to the engine and turbocharger. The hybrid powertrain is the closest to a street-legal F1 race vehicle, producing upwards of 1,000PS.
Mercedes-normal AMG's road vehicle business, the UK-based Mercedes-AMG F1 team, and the AMG High-Performance Powertrains group worked closely together to create the AMG One. There will only ever be 275 of these two-seat, left-hand-drive vehicles produced.
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- Toyota showcased modern and sustainable technology range at Auto Expo 2023
- 2023 Hyundai Aura launched, prices start from Rs 6.29 lakh
- Car sales January 2023: Maruti Suzuki, Kia, Tata Motors, and more
- Yamaha MT 15 V2.0 updated with BS6 2 norms details leaked
- Hero Xoom launched in India, prices start from Rs 68,599