McLaren P1 takes just 2.8 seconds to go from 0-100kmph
McLaren Automotive has officially revealed the performance figures for its McLaren P1 hybrid hypercar.
The P1 goes from standstill to 100kmph in a blistering 2.8 seconds
The P1 goes from standstill to 100kmph in a blistering 2.8 seconds, to 200kmph in 6.8 seconds and to 300kmph in 16.5 seconds. It can reach an electronically limited top speed of 350kmph. These numbers stand a tad better than another hypercar, the Porsche 918 Spyder.
The engine in the P1 boasts of 916PS of power and 900Nm of peak torque
This immense level of performance comes thanks to the combination of a 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 and an electric motor that churns out a massive 916PS and 900Nm of earth-moving torque. The P1 can go almost 11kms on electric power alone and also return around 12-15kmpl, claims McLaren. Keeping a reign on this kind of speed are carbon-ceramic brakes with silicon carbide coating, an assembly developed by Akebono.
McLaren will build 375 units of the P1
McLaren will build 375 units of the P1. The company has also confirmed that the first P1 that rolled out of the production lines was delivered to a customer in the UK at the end of September this year.
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet