Massive Brembo Brake recall for Aprilia RSV4 and Tuono V4, may also affect KTM, Ducati and other brands
Brembo has issued a massive recall for one of its popular master cylinder units. The recall which currently affects the PR16 radial master cylinder units on the 2016-17 Aprilia RSV4 and 2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 models may potentially affect bikes from other major brands in coming days. While Brembo has not announced the recall for other motorcycle brands, the issue could affect brands including Ducati, KTM and others which use the same unit paired with Brembo M50 calipers. According to reports, the Brembo PR16 unit features a polyphenylene sulphide (plastic) piston which may crack and lead to brake failure.
Brembo is offering a free replacement of an aluminium unit to the affected models to remedy the issue. The recall will begin from January 15,2018, and the details of the same for India have not been revealed yet. Please do continue to follow us to keep updated on the details of the recall.
Starts Rs 21,29,000
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio leaked ahead of debut, exteriors revealed
- Tata Nexon EV Max Vs Tata Nexon EV: What's different?
- 2022 Tata Nexon EV Max review, road test - real-world range tested!
- Spec Comparo: Mercedes Benz C-Class Vs Audi A4 Vs BMW 3-series
- Tata Nexon EV Max launched with 437 km range, prices start from Rs 17.74 lakh