Massive Brembo Brake recall for Aprilia RSV4 and Tuono V4, may also affect KTM, Ducati and other brands
Brembo has issued a massive recall for one of its popular master cylinder units. The recall which currently affects the PR16 radial master cylinder units on the 2016-17 Aprilia RSV4 and 2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 models may potentially affect bikes from other major brands in coming days. While Brembo has not announced the recall for other motorcycle brands, the issue could affect brands including Ducati, KTM and others which use the same unit paired with Brembo M50 calipers. According to reports, the Brembo PR16 unit features a polyphenylene sulphide (plastic) piston which may crack and lead to brake failure.
Brembo is offering a free replacement of an aluminium unit to the affected models to remedy the issue. The recall will begin from January 15,2018, and the details of the same for India have not been revealed yet. Please do continue to follow us to keep updated on the details of the recall.
Starts Rs 21,29,000
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar prototype first drive impressions