Massive Brembo Brake recall for Aprilia RSV4 and Tuono V4, may also affect KTM, Ducati and other brands
Brembo has issued a massive recall for one of its popular master cylinder units. The recall which currently affects the PR16 radial master cylinder units on the 2016-17 Aprilia RSV4 and 2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 models may potentially affect bikes from other major brands in coming days. While Brembo has not announced the recall for other motorcycle brands, the issue could affect brands including Ducati, KTM and others which use the same unit paired with Brembo M50 calipers. According to reports, the Brembo PR16 unit features a polyphenylene sulphide (plastic) piston which may crack and lead to brake failure.
Brembo is offering a free replacement of an aluminium unit to the affected models to remedy the issue. The recall will begin from January 15,2018, and the details of the same for India have not been revealed yet. Please do continue to follow us to keep updated on the details of the recall.
Starts Rs 21,29,000
Starts Rs 5,75,025
- FeaturesWelt-Best: Get the best used cars at Das WeltAuto
- NewsPrices of the Hyundai Venue increased, hike between Rs 5,000-12,000
- NewsUpcoming BSVI Isuzu D-Max V-Cross expected to not see major price hike
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Jimny 4x4 spotted testing in India
- NewsJeep Compass 7-seater SUV spotted testing ahead of launch next year