Maruti Vitara Brezza deliveries to begin in India from March 25
Maruti Suzuki has officially announced that the deliveries of its compact SUV Vitara Brezza in India will begin from March 25, 2016. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will be sold across the carmaker's 1,800 showrooms in India. Maruti had officially unveiled the Vitara Brezza at the 2016 Auto Expo and it was launched on March 8, 2016.
The carmaker says that within a week after its launch, the Vitara Brezza received 20,000 bookings and 70,000 customer enquiries. It is powered by the same tried and tested DDiS 200 engine that also does duty in the Ertiga and the Ciaz. In the Vitara Brezza, it makes 90PS of power and 200Nm of torque and has an ARAI rated fuel economy of 24.3kmpl. The engine is mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
In an official statement, R S Kalsi, executive director, Maruti Suzuki said "We are delighted at customers' response to Vitara Brezza. They have appreciated it for its sporty and muscular design and the combination of features offered at multiple trim levels. Our endeavor now is to deliver these cars quickly so that customers can enjoy their Vitara Brezza."
The Vitara Brezza is also the first vehicle in the country to be certified for offset and side impact crash tests.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Maruti Vitara Brezza
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed