Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza compact SUV to get minor updates soon
Spy images have appeared online of the updated 2018 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The compact SUV will be getting safety upgrades and a few cosmetic changes to keep it fresh.
The most prominent addition to the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will be the standard fitment of ABS and dual airbags across the range. This means that the LDi(O) and VDi(O) trim levels will be discontinued to account for redundancies.
The car also gets some new cosmetic updates to keep it fresh. This means the addition of a chrome grille and chromed boot garnish as standard. These were only available on top-spec variants before. The grey alloy wheels have also been replaced by black units on top-spec ZDi and ZDi(O) trims and a new shade of red/orange has also been made available to replace the earlier blue paint option. The interiors now get an all-black treatment.
Mechanically the car remains unchanged and will continue with the 1.3-litre Fiat-sourced four-cylinder turbo. This motor puts out 90PS and 200Nm and is mated to a 5-speed manual. An AMT version is expected in some time.
While the Vitara Brezza remains at the top of the compact SUV segment, cars like the Tata Nexon and Ford Ecosport have seen continuous updates to keep them relevant. With these changes, Maruti Suzuki will be trying to maintain its lead over rivals, given the cars limited transmission and engine options.
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- NewsEV chargers planned for over 69,000 petrol pumps across India
- News2020 Toyota Innova Crysta facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.26 lakh
- News2021 BMW S 1000 R gets Euro V engine along with more tech and new styling
- NewsCOVID19: Maharashtra to screen travellers from NCR, Rajasthan, Goa and Gujarat
- NewsDucati updates XDiavel and Scrambler range for 2021