Maruti Suzuki to set up Driving Training and Traffic Research Institute in Andhra Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki has signed an MoU with the Government of Andra Pradesh to set up the Institute of Driving Training and Traffic Research (IDTR). The institute will be located in Venkatachalam Village in Darsi, Prakasham district. The MoU was signed by N. Balasubramanyam, transport commissioner of Andhra Pradesh and Mahesh Rajoria, assistant vice president (driving training), Maruti Suzuki India Limited.
"The inception of Driving Training and Traffic Research Institutes was with an aim to upscale professional driver training and lay down the ground rules for safe driving. Maruti Suzuki has been working on this front for over a decade now. I am confident that our experience in this field of road safety will add immense value to this newest facility," said Mahesh Rajoria.
This will be the first IDTR in South India, employing training along the lines of other the IDTRs, like those in Gujarat. The company will co-ordinate with other government bodies like the tribal development to promote road safety and driving as an employment opportunity among the tribal youth of Andhra Pradesh. The institute will also impart skills and etiquette to those enrolled. The institute will be spread over 20 acres of government land and will be set up, run and managed by Maruti Suzuki. A hostel and training tracks will be built alongside the institute building. The institute is expected to complete by 2018.
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030