Maruti Suzuki Swift becomes best-selling car of 2020
The Maruti Suzuki Swift was the best-selling car in India in 2020. Maruti Suzuki sold over 1.6 lakh units of the Swift in the calendar year 2020, piping stablemates like the Alto and Baleno. In fact, seven of the top 10 most popular cars in India in 2020 were from Maruti Suzuki.
In the 15 years since its launch in 2005, over 23 lakh examples of the Swift have been sold by 2020. The brand crossed the 5 lakh sales mark in 2010, the 10 lakh milestone coming three years later in 2013. Over 15 lakh Sifts had been sold by 2016. Maruti Suzuki says that over 53 per cent of Swift owners are below 35 years old, making this the preferred car for young buyers in India.
The Swift is powered by a 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol motor making 83PS and 113 Nm. This pairs with a five-speed manual or a five-speed AMT. Both versions have an ARAI-rated efficiency of 21.21 kmpl. Notable features available on the Swift are a 7-inch Smartpaly Studio infotainment system with navigation and Android Auto/Apple Carplay, climate control, keyless entry and go, auto headlamps, height-adjustable driver's seat and tilt steering. Safety features include dual front airbags, ABS, ISOFIX child seat mounts and rear parking camera.
Prices for the Swift start from Rs 5.49 lakh for the LXi variant, going up to Rs 8.02 lakh for the ZXi Plus AMT, all prices are ex-showroom Mumbai.
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet