Maruti Suzuki is the 2015 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Manufacturer Of The Year (four-wheelers)
2014 was a big year for India's biggest carmaker. Maruti Suzuki India launched a range of new products including three all-new cars. In a tough year for the car market, Maruti not only led from the front, but everyone else became smaller in their mirrors. They started with the Celerio - sold out - which introduced the Automated Manual Transmission to India. Then came the Ciaz which took on the Honda.
The Alto K10 marked the third all-new car from Maruti this year and the powerful K-Next engine made it India's top-selling car. It's this amazing run at the front and Maruti Suzuki's unchallenged lead that makes it our Manufacturer Of The Year.
2015 will also mark the debut of new SUVs and variants of existing products from the Indian carmaker - not to forget, the introduction of their homegrown diesel powerplants is also slotted for this year. A serious contender for the 2016 OVERDRIVE awards then? You bet.
Read all about the CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE award winners in the other categories:
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 95.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2,48,075
Starts Rs 1,11,871
- Maruti Suzuki expected to launch Swift Cross to rival Tata Punch, as per reports
- Delhi government changes laws for diesel vehicles over 10 years old
- Next-generation Hyundai Verna spotted testing ahead of 2022 reveal
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?
- Mahindra Bolero Neo: Neo World Order