Maruti Suzuki India to halt production at its plant for two days
The decline in sales has made Maruti Suzuki pause the production of passenger vehicles in their Gurugram and Manesar plant. The production will be halted for two days on September 7 and September 9. Both the days will be observed as 'no production' days said the company. However, Maruti Suzuki's plant in Gujarat will be operational.
Maruti Suzuki manufacturers Vitara Brezza, Ciaz, Celerio, WagonR at it's Manesar plant while the Gurugram facility manufactures S-Cross, Ertiga, Eeco, Alto and the Super Carry. The Gujarat plant manufactures the Baleno and the Swift.
Ironically, earlier this month, Maruti Suzuki clocked a cumulative sales of one million units of the Vitara Brezza, Ertiga and S-Cross. The company claimed, with this feat, it has become the leader in the respective UV segment where these vehicles are positioned.
Maruti Suzuki registered a market share of 25.46 per cent during the first four months of FY 2019-20. Maruti Suzuki recently added the Ertiga-based XL6 to its portfolio which is more of a premium passenger moves that comes with an SUV-like design and also captain seats along with other features.
Starts Rs 9.8 Lakhs
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions