Maruti Suzuki Ignis hatchback updated for 2019
Maruti Suzuki has updated the 2019 Maruti Suzuki Ignis, with deliveries set to commence within this week. The changes are minor and comes soon after the Baleno hatchback also received a light facelift. The only noticeable change to the exterior seems to be addition of silver roof rails. The car seen here is the top-spec Alpha trim, so its fair assumption that the top-spec cars will come with this adornment.
The big changes will likely come through the addition of new safety features, in keep with the latest regulations. So expect a passenger-side seatbelt reminder, rear parking sensors, a speed alert system, as standard.
We also expect the Ignis to get the latest gen SmartPlay Studio infotainment system, which first debuted in the new-gen WagonR. This gets a crisper interface with loads of additional functions like news, weather and location-specific info.
The 2019 Ignis will most likely remain unchanged mechanically. The 1.2 litre K-series petrol motor continues with its 83PS and 113Nm. This is paired with a five-speed manual or AMT.
The Ignis has always remain in the shadow of its more conventional cousins like the Swift and Baleno. We're hoping this update helps boost the popularity of this quirky but fun car. Expect a roughly Rs 20,000 bump in prices to account for the new tech.
Image Source: Gaadiwaadi
Starts Rs 4.89 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet