Maruti Suzuki exports 1800 Balenos to Japan
Suzuki Motor Corporation in Japan will be receiving their first ever consignment of exports from their Indian arm, Maruti Suzuki. The goods in question are 1,800 Baleno hatchbacks, manufactured at Maruti's Manesar plant in Haryana and shipped from the Mundra Port in Gujarat.
The Baleno which was launched around the festive season in India, will hit Japanese showrooms in March 2016. Around 200 dealers from Japan recently visited the Manesar facility to understand the manufacturing process that goes into building the Baleno hatchback.
In India, Maruti Suzuki has received 80,000 bookings for the premium hatchback and they hope to repeat that success in the Japanese market.
At the Auto Expo 2016, Suzuki Motor Corporation president and COO said, "I am convinced that the Baleno will be the success story of Make in India, and the significance of Maruti Suzuki as the global production base will further expand."
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Hyundai reveals new i20-based Bayon crossover SUV