Maruti Suzuki exports 1800 Balenos to Japan
Suzuki Motor Corporation in Japan will be receiving their first ever consignment of exports from their Indian arm, Maruti Suzuki. The goods in question are 1,800 Baleno hatchbacks, manufactured at Maruti's Manesar plant in Haryana and shipped from the Mundra Port in Gujarat.
The Baleno which was launched around the festive season in India, will hit Japanese showrooms in March 2016. Around 200 dealers from Japan recently visited the Manesar facility to understand the manufacturing process that goes into building the Baleno hatchback.
In India, Maruti Suzuki has received 80,000 bookings for the premium hatchback and they hope to repeat that success in the Japanese market.
At the Auto Expo 2016, Suzuki Motor Corporation president and COO said, "I am convinced that the Baleno will be the success story of Make in India, and the significance of Maruti Suzuki as the global production base will further expand."
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.17 Lakhs
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- 2021 Force Gurkha deliveries begin across India
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate