Maruti Suzuki Ertiga XL6 Cross MPV spotted ahead of its launch on August 21
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga cross-MPV has been spotted once again in India. Also, OVERDRIVE earlier reported that Maruti Suzuki will launch a premium MPV in India on August 21. Connecting the dots the cross-MPV body type Ertiga is the one we should expect to hit the showrooms - and this time, at the NEXA dealerships. The new MPV has been dubbed the XL6
The spy picture reveals a NEXA badge as the cross-variant will be pitched as a premium brand. To add to the premium-ness of the Ertiga, the MPV will be a six-seater as the concept that was showcased at the Indonesia International Auto Show.
The cosmetic changes include the added body kit. Expect the XL6 to have a higher ride height. The XL6 will also sport aluminium finished roof rails.
Mechanically, the engines will be the same on offer. The 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines that produce 105PS and 95PS respectively. The petrol will be mated to a five-speed manual while the diesel will get a six-speed manual gearbox. Only time will tell if the XL6 will benefit from the four-speed automatic gearbox seen in the Ertiga petrol.
Expect the prices to be hiked by Rs 40,000-50,000 over the Ertiga and the new MPV could retail between Rs 8-11.5 lakh. The XL6 will rival the likes of Renault Lodgy.
Image Source - GaadiWaadi
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed