Maruti Suzuki Ertiga scores three stars in 2019 Global NCAP crash test
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is one of the cars tested by Global NCAP this year and the MPV scored a three-star rating in the sixth round of the 2019 crash test. The head and neck protection for the driver was rated as good. The chest protection for the passenger was good too, however, the driver chest protection was marginal.
The structure of the frame was deemed borderline unstable, which could be a concern as the Ertiga was recently upgraded to the second generation adopting the Heartect platform. The footwell of the Ertiga was termed 'Unstable' as well and the displacement of the pedals showed risk to the driver's legs. The chest protection for the driver and the passenger received marginal protection although the passenger pretensioner failed to work properly.
The Ertiga gets ISOFIX mounts as standard but for child occupant safety, the MPV received poor ratings for an 18-month-old dummy with CRS (Child Restraint System / Child Seat) installed facing forward. CRS mounted rearward is said to be a better practice. It was also brought to notice that the Ertiga does not offer a three-point seat belt for all occupants.
The Ertiga is priced between Rs 7.54 - 11.20 lakh ex-showroom Mumbai. The MPV gets two engine options - 1.5-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel. The petrol is mated to a 5-speed manual, whereas the diesel gets a 6-speed manual. The petrol engine comes with an optional automatic transmission.
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh