Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S trim launched in India at Rs 9.39 lakh
Maruti Suzuki has launched a new range topping S trim of the Ciaz at Rs 9.39 lakh for the petrol and Rs 11.55 lakh for the diesel, ex-Delhi. This trim replaces the earlier RS variant which was removed from the lineup once the Ciaz moved to the Nexa dealerships. The new S trims are priced around Rs 10,000 more than the corresponding Alpha grades.
Apart from the features offered in the Ciaz Alpha, the S brings in body kit in the form of front and rear spoilers, side skirts and all-black upholstery with leather seats. There are no other changes in the car. The powertrain options are a 1.4-litre 90PS petrol and a 93PS 1.3-litre diesel. Both the engines can be ordered with a 5-speed manual as standard while a 4-speed automatic can be optioned with the petrol. Maruti says that the top-spec Alpha claims to about 43 per cent of the entire Ciaz sales. The Ciaz sedan, Maruti also says, is the segment-leader.
The Ciaz is due for an upgrade soon and the Chinese-spec model has been already unveiled. Maruti introducing the S trim now is to counter the upcoming launch of the all-new Hyundai Verna. The Verna, as our initial impressions say, will be quite a challenger to both the Honda City as well as the Ciaz.
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year