Maruti Suzuki Ciaz gets ISOFIX mounts as standard feature in India
Amidst conscious efforts from manufacturers to make cars here safer, Maruti Suzuki will now offer ISOFIX mounts for child seats as a standard feature across all variants of the Ciaz. ISOFIX mounts, in the simplest sense, are a standardised international child seat fitting system developed in 1997. Other efforts from Maruti Suzuki to improve safety include offering airbags and ABS as optional features on all variants of all its cars. Volkswagen and Toyota are two other manufacturers in India that have taken significant steps in terms of safety, as both manufacturers are offering ABS and dual airbags as standard features on all their cars.
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz was the first car from the brand to feature a mild-hybrid system called SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki). It is also the only car in the segment to feature mild-hybrid technology. The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is expected to get a facelift in 2017 like most of its rivals, including the 2017 Hyundai Verna. The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz with the ISOFIX seat mounts will be in showrooms shortly and prices aren't expected to increase. After the Ciaz, other Maruti cars are also expected to get ISOFIX mounts soon.
Also from OVERDRIVE:
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.17 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant