Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift teaser video released as build up to launch
Maruti Suzuki has released a short teaser video showing the cosmetic updates it has given to the upcoming Ciaz facelift. The video does not show the new car in its entirety but new elements like the honeycomb grille, LED headlamps and taillamps are showcased. Bookings have already opened for the new Ciaz at Nexa dealerships across the country and a formal launch is expected next week on August 20.
The updated sedan now comes with a sleeker front-end design. The grille is thinner and more subtle. Unlike the earlier car, there is restrained use of chrome. The headlamps are reprofiled as well with new LED DRLs. The front bumper is also new as well, with C-shaped chrome inserts around the fog lamps.
Tthe facelifted Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will come with a new 1.5-litre petrol motor. This new K15B motor puts out 104PS and 138 Nm, increases of 13PS and 8Nm over the current car. Fuel efficiency will also improve over the earlier car.
The Ciaz is a good seller in the C-segment space, behind the Honda City and these changes will help it stay relevant to buyers. The Honda City has undergone a facelift while the Verna has seen a generation change since the Ciaz was first launched. Prices of the facelifted Ciaz, when it launches later this year, can be expected to be a slight premium over the present car.
Watch the teaser here:
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet