Maruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback diesel and RS variants see price hike
Maruti Suzuki has increased the prices of the diesel and sporty RS variants of the maruti Suzuki Baleno premium hatchback. The diesel car's prices now start at Rs 6.73 lakh and the Baleno RS costs INR 8.88 lakh.
The Sigma, Zeta and Alpha trims have seen a price increase of Rs 12,300 while the Delta trim is now Rs 19,499 more expensive. The Baleno RS is Rs 12,913 costlier. All prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
The Baleno is currently powered by the 1.3 litre Multijet diesel which makes 75PS and 190Nm. The Baleno RS is powered by the Boosterjet turbo petrol engine that produces 102PS/150Nm. A new DualJet petrol motor with a mild hybrid setup was introduced in the Baleno, the older 1.2 liter unit is still available in lower petrol trims.
This development takes on added meaning now that we know that Maruti Suzuki will stop selling diesels in India by 2020. The company will focus on EVs and mild hybrids going forward.
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application