Maruti Suzuki Baleno crosses one lakh units sold milestone in India
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno was launched in October 2015 and was aimed directly at the Hyundai Elite i20. Within months of it's launch, the high sales of the Baleno made it feature among the top ten bestselling passenger vehicles in India on a monthly basis. In December 2015, as per data from the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), Maruti sold 193 more units of the Baleno over the Elite i20.
Now, Maruti Suzuki has announced that the Baleno has crossed the one lakh units sold milestone. In a press release, the carmaker has stated that along with the domestic sales 33,800 Baleno units have been exported to international markets including Japan and Europe.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is offered to buyers with a petrol and diesel engine option. The 1.2-litre petrol engine makes 84PS/115Nm while the 1.3-litre turbo diesel engine makes 75PS/190Nm. The Baleno has an ARAI rated efficiency of 21.4kmpl and 27.39kmpl for the petrol and diesel variants respectively.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is being exclusively manufactured in India. It the first vehicle to be exported from India to Japan. Additionally, the India-made Baleno is also being exported to Australia, Europe, New Zealand and Latin America.
In India, Maruti Suzuki sells the Baleno only through its Nexa dealerships. The company is planning to inaugurate another 250 Nexa outlets. It expects Nexa dealerships to contribute around 15 per cent of annual sales by 2020.
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July