Maruti Suzuki announces price hike for January 2021
India's largest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki, has announced it will increase prices across its model range from January 2021. The company said in a regulatory filing that the price hike was to offset a rise in input costs, although the degree of the hike has not been specified.
Prices of Maruti Suzuki cars start from Rs 2.99 lakh for the base Maruti Suzuki Alto. This goes up to Rs 12.39 lakh for the top-spec Maruti Suzuki S-Cross. Other notable models in the line are the Swift which starts from Rs 5.19 lakh, the Baleno from Rs 5.70 lakh and the Vitara Brezza priced from Rs 7.34 lakh. The car-maker sells a petrol-only line-up of cars powered by engines ranging from a 800cc unit to a mild-hybrid 1.5-litre petrol, these pair with either 5-speed manuals or AMTs, or a four-speed torque-converter for the largest engine.
Maruti Suzuki is still a long way ahead as India's largest carmaker, accounting for 52.9 per cent of the market in November 2020 with 1,35,700 units sold. This is only a 2.4 per cent drop over November 2019, but rival like Hyundai, Tata Motors and Kia have been gaining ground rapidly with a wider range of products, especially small SUVs. Maruti Suzuki sells cars via the Arena and Nexa chains and recently introduced a subscription program too.
Starts Rs 8.39 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030