Maruti Suzuki Alto with BSVI engine spotted on test in India
A test mule of the Maruti Suzuki Alto was spotted on test in India. An entry-level hatchback, the Alto 800 recently received a facelift and a BSVI compliant engine. This time around, we believe that the hatchback is equipped with a 1.0-litre engine from the Alto K10 and the company is refining the K10B engine to meet the BSVI norms that will be regulated from March 2020.
Also, the Future-S concept showcased by Maruti Suzuki at the 2018 Delhi Auto Expo is expected to be positioned above the Alto K10 and could be a Celerio replacement. That said, the Future-S concept could source its power from Maruti Suzuki's K10B engine. Expect the Future-S concept to come to its production form by late 2019 and the small SUV based on the Future-S concept could debut in India by the first quarter of 2020.
The test mule of the Maruti Suzuki Alto did not sport any other cosmetic change which hints at manufacturers' plans to only make the car compliant to the emission norms for the time being.
The mechanically updated Alto could be launched in the country by the festive season and could ask a premium of Rs 10,000-15,000 over the current Alto K10 which retails between Rs 4.41 lakh and 5.30 lakh.
Image credit - Archit
Starts Rs 2.94 Lakhs
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Hyundai reveals new i20-based Bayon crossover SUV
- Honda Transalp could be a mid-sized Honda Africa Twin
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG A 35 4Matic sedan road test review - compact, fun and accessible AMG!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know