Maruti Celerio CNG launched in India at Rs 4.92 lakh
Maruti has launched the CNG variant of the Celerio in India at Rs 4.92 lakh ex-Mumbai. The new variant is called Maruti Celerio Green and is available only in Vxi trim. It comes with the same 1.0 litre KNext engine which produces 68PS in petrol mode and 10PS less in CNG. Maruti has paired it with the 5-speed manual instead of the AMT. The Celerio Green uses Maruti's advanced i-GPI system previously seen on the Wagon R and Ertiga models. In dual mode, i-GPI squirts the gas directly into the engine's combustion chamber. Maruti claims the Celerio Green's mileage to be 31.79 km/kg which is much more than the petrol variant's 23.1kmpl.
The suspension system has undergone substantial tweaking, to be able to counter the added weight of the CNG cylinder. There are also rumours of a LPG variant on the anvil, however, Maruti hasn't confirmed anything as of yet.
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled