Maruti Celerio CNG launched in India at Rs 4.92 lakh
Maruti has launched the CNG variant of the Celerio in India at Rs 4.92 lakh ex-Mumbai. The new variant is called Maruti Celerio Green and is available only in Vxi trim. It comes with the same 1.0 litre KNext engine which produces 68PS in petrol mode and 10PS less in CNG. Maruti has paired it with the 5-speed manual instead of the AMT. The Celerio Green uses Maruti's advanced i-GPI system previously seen on the Wagon R and Ertiga models. In dual mode, i-GPI squirts the gas directly into the engine's combustion chamber. Maruti claims the Celerio Green's mileage to be 31.79 km/kg which is much more than the petrol variant's 23.1kmpl.
The suspension system has undergone substantial tweaking, to be able to counter the added weight of the CNG cylinder. There are also rumours of a LPG variant on the anvil, however, Maruti hasn't confirmed anything as of yet.
- FeaturesCounter to COVID - A Stylish and Luxurious Expandable Motorhome
- NewsEuro V compliant 2021 Ducati Streetfighter V4 and V4 S: Everything to know
- NewsDelhi government accelerates EV charging infrastructure plans
- NewsTwo-Wheeler Festive Offers: Gift vouchers worth Rs 6,000 on Okinawa electric scooters
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2