Mahindra's Spice Challenge 2013 rally results
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M) has concluded its Spice Challenge 2013. The Spice Challenge was a (time, speed, distance) rally was conducted in association with JK Tyres. More than 40 Mahindra vehicles took part in the rally and covered a distance of more than 500km in two days.
The Spice Challenge 2013 started from Poovar. Day 1 saw the rally make its way from Poovar estuary to the backwaters of Alleppey with rain as an added challenge. Karthick Maruthi and Sankar Anand were closely trailed by Subir Roy and Mustafa.
Day 2, which would cover close to 300km, saw the participants racing from Alleppey to Cochin via the tea estates of Vagamon. Finally, the rally ended with Karthick Maruthi and Sankar Anand winning the overall as well as the SUV category. Subir Roy and Mustafa took second place overall and Ganesh Moorthy and T Nagarajan stood third overall.
Apart from the regular Car Open, Car OE, SUV Open and SUV OE category, the rally also had other interesting categories like the Corporate category, Couples category, Amateur category, etc. The Spice Challenge 2013 has a total prize money of Rs 5 lakh on offer.
- Spec Comparison: Hyundai Tucson Vs Jeep Compass Vs Volkswagen Tiguan Vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2022 Hyundai Tucson review, first drive - More, for more
- Mahindra debuts two EV sub-brands, five EV concepts, launch from December 2024
- Upcoming Audi Q3 bookings commence from Rs 2 lakh
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works