Mahindra XUV300 automatic spied on test - launch expected soon
A test mule of the Mahindra XUV300 was spotted on test. 'Test mule' even after launch you ask? The test mule is believed to be an automatic variant of the XUV300. The Mahindra XUV300 was launched earlier this year, however, missed out on an automatic transmission that its competitors offered.
This time around, the XUV300 is expected to be offered with an automated manual transmission (AMT) as it would be the most economical option and will keep the cost in check.
The XUV300 in its diesel guise gets a six-speed manual gearbox mated to a 1-litre four-cylinder engine that puts out 115PS and 300Nm. The petrol variant gets a 1.2-litre engine that puts out 111PS and 200Nm of torque and the engine is also mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
The automatic Mahindra XUV300 will rival the Tata Nexon AMT, Ford EcoSport Automatic, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT and the Hyundai Venue DCT. The prices for the automatic variant could ask a premium of Rs 30,000-40,000 over the current prices. Currently, the XUV300 is priced between Rs 7.90 - 11.70 lakh ex-showroom Mumbai.
Image source - Thurstzone
Also see: Mahindra XUV300 v Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon & Ford EcoSport Comparison Test Video
Also see: Mahindra XUV 300 First Drive Video
Starts Rs 7.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained