Mahindra Two Wheelers to launch Jawa motorcycles in India in 2019
Mahindra & Mahindra's managing director, Pawan Goenka has stated that the company will launch the first Jawa motorcycle in India by the end of the next financial year. Speaking to MoneyControl, Goenka spoke about Mahindra's two wheeler arm and its future plans. Mahindra will launch Jawa motorcycles under the same brand name and not bear the Mahindra brand name, at all.
2017 Jawa 350 OHC
We expect Mahindra Two Wheelers R&D to work on an India specific Jawa lin. These motorcycles will be sold via a newly set up Jawa dealer network.
The first model to go on sale could also be the Jawa 350, a retro motorcycle that could go up against the Royal Enfield Classic 350. This, however, is largely dependent on the price point that Mahindra positions the Jawa 350 at.
Mahindra had recently acquired Jawa as well as BSA and French company, Peugeot Scooters. You can read a detailed analysis of Mahindra Two Wheeler's game plan here.
Also Watch:- Jawa Jawa and Forty-Two | First Ride Review Video
Also see: Jawa Forty Two | Road Test Review
Starts Rs 1,65,000
- News2021 Triumph Trident 660 revealed
- NewsSecond-gen Isuzu MU-X debuts in Thailand
- NewsProduction-spec Tata HBX crossover spotted testing ahead of launch
- NewsKia to reinvent and relaunch brand, new logo coming in early 2021
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership