Mahindra to launch three new vehicles in India by March 31, 2016
At the beginning of this financial year, Mahindra had announced that they would launch 10 new vehicles by March 31, 2016. So far, they've rolled out seven new models, leaving them three more for 2016:
1. Mahindra KUV100 (Expected price: Rs 4-6 lakh)
At the KUV100's recent unveiling, Mahindra stated that this new compact SUV would be launched on January 15, 2016. The KUV100, will run Mahindra's first petrol engine called the mFalcon G80, which is a three cylinder 1.2-litre unit that puts out 83PS of power and 114Nm of torque. The other engine it will be offered with is the three cylinder diesel mFalcon75 unit which also displaces 1.2-litres, but produces 77PS and 190Nm. Mahindra is looking to take on the Hyundai Grand i10, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio and the upcoming Tata Zica.
2. Mahindra Imperio (Expected price: Rs 6.3-7.1 lakh)
Image source: indianautosblog
Mahindra has announced that it would be launching a "premium pick-up range" called the Imperio for its small commercial vehicle line. From the looks of it, this could be a replacement to the current Genio. Although no further details have been released officially, the images of the Imperio have recently popped up on the internet. Like the Genio, the Imperio will be a more premium commercial vehicle.
3. Mahindra Verito Electric (Expected price: Rs 13.5 lakh)
Mahindra has been developing the Verito Electric for a while now and even showcased it as the e-Verito at the 2014 Auto Expo. Although the estimated price is quite high, this is because of high cost of development. However, the prices could come down when parts like the batteries are locally produced instead of being imported. Expect the Verito Electric to be launched by the end of the financial year.
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?