Mahindra Thar Signature edition leaked ahead of its official launch
Details of the upcoming Mahindra Thar signature edition has been leaked ahead of its official launch. The Mahindra Thar Signature edition gets minor tweaks and changes over the standard model. The new SUV gets a new blue colour on offer, adding to the appearance, the Thar signature edition gets graphics on either side and on the hood with a badge on the fender.
The grille gets a black finish and the bumper has been restyled too. The signature edition gets new alloy wheels as well. The updates on the inside are the leather seats with certain stitching.
Mechanically, the Thar Signature edition gets the same drivetrain as the standard car. 2498 cc engine mated to a five-speed gearbox, producing 106PS at 3800rpm and 247Nm of torque between 1800-2000rpm. The Thar gets a transfer case and a mechanically locking rear differential.
The new second generation Mahindra Thar has been spotted a number of times in India, hinting at sooner launch. the second generation Thar is expected to have premium features than the outgoing model. The Signature edition could be the last update that the first generation Thar gets.
Expect the price hike of Rs 10,000 to 20,000 over the current model of the Thar that is priced between Rs 7.12-9.41 lakh.
Starts Rs 9.8 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai i20 N unveiled with over 200PS and six-speed manual
- NewsVolkswagen India appoints Ashish Gupta as brand director
- NewsOver 50,000 bookings for the Kia Sonet, diesel models account for 40 per cent
- NewsNissan Magnite revealed: Everything we know so far
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite global unveil, exterior styling, interiors, features, engines, variants, details