Mahindra sell 39,157 vehicles in December 2021
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd reported total vehicle sales of 39,157 units in December 2021.
Mahindra sold 17,469 cars in the Utility Vehicles sector in December 2021. In December 2021, the Passenger Cars category (which comprises UVs, Cars, and Vans) sold 17,722 vehicles. The month of December 2021 saw 3017 Mahindra automobiles exported.
Mahindra sold 15,938 commercial cars in December 2021, a 14 percent increase over the previous year. In December 2021, an increase was seen in the light commercial vehicle segments of 2T, Pickups (2T to 3.5T), >3.5T and heavy commercial vehicles.
Veejay Nakra, Chief Executive Officer, Automotive Division, M&M Ltd., "We are glad to report an overall growth of 11 percent in December 2021. We have seen growth in business segments including Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and International Operations, owing to continued strong demand across the product portfolio. The issues around semi-conductor related parts continue to be a challenge for the industry and remains a major focus area for us".
The new Mahindra Thar and XUV700, which were both released in 2021, were major hits in the market, but the automaker's capacity to satisfy demand has been severely impeded by the current worldwide semi-conductor part scarcity.
Starts Rs 9.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 11.99 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained