Mahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
Mahindra Racing will preview their new Formula E Season 5 Generation 2 machine at the CarFest South even that will take place later this year. The machine will be in action at the track at Laverstoke Park Farm, Hampshire, UK, between the 24th and 26th of August 2018.
Mahindra Racing's Gen2 machine will be on track at the CarFest South event in August this year
The Mahindra Racing Gen2 car has double the energy storage capacity of the machine it replaces, and double the range too, since the next gen of FE machines can complete the race distance without needed a car swap. Plus, the car looks futuristic too, and features, amongst other things, the FIA's Halo safety device. It is meant to be used for the next three seasons of Formula E, before a newer, more technologically advanced machine comes into action.
The CarFest is meant feature a host of other exotic machines, including F1 cars, super cars, sports cars and the like. The track at the event has been designed by former F1 driver Jody Scheckter and F1 technical guru, Ross Brawn.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?