Mahindra Racing and Pininfarina reveal concept designs of Formula E racecar
Tech Mahindra's acquisition of the Italian design house, Pininfarina, was certainly an important automotive highlight in the year 2015. The Mahindra XUV Aero Concept was the first Pininfarina-inspired product, and now the company has three more designs to showcase concept designs for the brand's Formula E racecar.
Like all the other Pininfarina designs, these certainly stand out from the crowd, with their unconventional noses, distinct lines and large tail-fins. Two of these concepts feature a closed cockpit design, while the third one, which reminds us of the Batmobile, features an open cockpit and a holographic display for the driver's name. These designs have been revealed by Mahindra Racing to evoke responses from fans and increase the reach of Formula E.
"Mahindra is a pioneer of EV technology that is always striving to push the boundaries of this exciting new form of mobility. Our participation in the Formula E championship gives us yet another platform to co-create the future of mobility," said Anand Mahindra. Although these designs are still at a project stage, Mahindra stated that he would be thrilled to see the M5 Electro racecar look like one of these designs.
- Every Drop Counts: India's most fuel-efficient cars of 2021
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine launched, prices start from Rs 39.90 lakh
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar unveiled, engine details revealed
- Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 replacement to be called XUV700