Mahindra Mojo BS6 launch by end of July, will rival Bajaj Dominar 250, Suzuki Gixxer 250 and Jawa 42
Mahindra Tw0-wheelers has released a teaser of the upcoming Mojo BS6. This update comes after nearly a year since the company launched the Mojo 300 equipped with dual-channel ABS that was priced at Rs. 1.88 lakh, ex-showroom. Coming to the present, Mahindra two-wheelers, sharing its parent company with Jawa Motorcycles, will be launching the BS6 compliant Mojo 300 by the end of this month.
The teaser image shows that the overall design of the Mojo has been retained from the originally launched model in 2015, which does look unique with its large fuel tank, twin-pod headlights, beefy USD forks and a compact. However, it is no match to the recently launched Bajaj Dominar 250 that commands a strong street presence with its muscular styling and comes loaded with features. Even Mojo's sibling rival, the Jawa 42 commands a better presence with its modern classic detailing and proportionate design. And for someone looking for a sleeker design, there's the Suzuki Gixxer 250.
The features bit of the Mahindra Mojo is also expected to remain unchanged, which again does not match with that of the existing offerings int the 250-300cc segment. However, if Mahindra can pull out a surprise and make the Mojo 300 well equipped with the latest in instrumentation and features, the same can work well in Mojo'a favour. Powering the Mojo was a liquid-cooled 295cc liquid cooled, single-cylinder engine that put out 27PS of power and 30Nm of torque, in BS4 tune. We believe these numbers could see a minor alteration in the BS6 tune.
We believe Mahindra 2 Wheelers' product range consisting of Gusto 110, Gusto 125 and the Centuro have been discontinued owing to the BSVI emission norms that came into effect earlier this year. This will make the Mojo 300 their first BS6 Mahindra two-wheeler in the country.
Starts Rs 1,49,520
Starts Rs 1,11,871
Starts Rs 1,60,000
Starts Rs 1,63,400
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year