Mahindra Marazzo expected to get diesel AMT variant
The Mahindra Marazzo is expected to get an AMT gearbox option for its diesel engine soon, as per a leaked document on the internet. The Marazzo MPV is currently available with a single BSVI diesel engine with a six-speed manual.
The AMT gearbox to be fitted to the Marazzo is expected to be the same six-speed Marelli-sourced unit as the one seen in the XUV300. This unit is expected to carry over its unique cross-patterned shifter here as well as get a creep mode that disables if one of the doors have been left open. The big change here will be the addition of drive modes - Power and Economy. The power mode is expected to offer the full 122PS and 300 Nm while in economy, power should be restricted to 100PS. This AMT is also expected to make its way to petrol-powered Marazzo at a later date.
The AMT should be offered on all three trims of the Marazzo - M2, M4+ and M6+. Notable features on offer with the 2020 Marazzo are 17-inch alloy wheels, cornering lamps, projector headlamps, lumbar support for front seats, driver seat height adjustment, climate control and 7-inch infotainment screen.
Prices for the BSVI Marazzo start from Rs 11.64 lakh for the M2, with the M4+ and M6+ priced at Rs 12.72 lakh onwards and Rs 13.71 lakh onwards respectively, seven and eight-seater options are available on all variants. The Marazzo AMT is expected to be priced at a Rs 50,000 to 60,000 premium over the manual version when it launches in the next few weeks
Starts Rs 11.25 Lakhs
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July