Mahindra lays out its long-term plans for the KUV 100 and TUV 300 SUVs
According to reports on the internet, Mahindra will launch an AMT-equipped version of the entry-level KUV 100 SUV. This will be available on the diesel-powered version of the car while the petrol will continue to be offered with the five-speed manual.
The company will continue to put strong focus on this and its other entry-level car, the TUV 300. It will make these cars BS-VI compliant and will ready them to meet the new safety norms coming in to effect October 2019 onwards. Mahindra is also working on an electric version of the KUV 100 as well as a facelift for the TUV 300, both of which will come next year.
The company says that the KUV 100 compact size and less weight makes it ideal for electrification. It recently launched the longer TUV 300 Plus to further strengthen its position in the entry-level SUV segment.
To give an idea of these SUVs positioning, prices for the KUV 100 start from Rs 4.52 lakh while that of the TUV 300 starts from Rs 8.12 lakh. This puts these SUVs at par with many hatchbacks and sub-four metre sedans.
Source: ET Auto
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed