Mahindra launches its tech-based electric mobility service called Gyld
Mahindra has joined the booming ride-hailing ecosystem in the country with the launch of Glyd. The carmaker calls this a tech based e-mobility service. In its first phase, the firm has deployed 10 Mahindra e-verito electric vehicles in Mumbai.
Glyd aims to offer a high-end commute to office-goers. To this end, their cars will come with features like web-conferencing, curated entertainment and music content from selective partners. Further adding to this experience will be industry first features such as privacy screen, air purifier for a rejuvenating journey and strain free lighting. There's more stress-relieving amenities like bolstered seats, wrap-around headrests and custom designed armrests.
Glyd will be providing these services in partnership with other firms like Vodafone-Idea Limited, Cisco Systems Limited and other service and content providers. Rides can be booked via Android and iOS apps.
Speaking on the offering, Dr Pawan Goenka, managing director, M&M Ltd., said, "As the pioneers of electric vehicles in the country, Mahindra has from time to time provided innovative and first of its kind e-mobility solutions. Glyd is one such flagship premium e-mobility solution to redefine the in-commute experience of daily commuters. This is our unique step to drive positive change towards a smart, sustainable and experiential daily commute. Going forward we plan to launch multiple e-mobility solutions, across cities".
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years
- NewsRoyal Enfield launches all-new riding jackets, priced from Rs 4,950 onward
- NewsIndian EV manufacturer BGauss inaugurates first dealership, commences deliveries of A2 and B8
- NewsRenault Kwid-derived Dacia Spring EV hatchback unveiled in Europe
- NewsTata Motors achieves momentous production milestone at four million cars and counting