Magneti Marelli and Faurecia to produce components for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
Magneti Marelli and Faurecia have joined hands to produce interior as well as exterior parts for cars that will be prodcued by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles at its new plant in Goiana,Pernambuco, Brazil. The carmakers new plant was inaugrated on April 28, 2015.
The Magneti Marelli and Faurecia joint venture plant is set up in the supplier park that is located within the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles factory. It will produce components such as as instrument panel, center consoles and door panels. The exterior parts such as bumpers and spoilers will also be supplied.
Speaking about the new venture, Eugenio Razelli, CEO, Magneti Marelli said, "We are, above all, honored to participate in and to contribute to this important project, which will see the creation of the largest, most sustainable and most technological industrial plant of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in the world. In addition, Brazil is for us a benchmark market we have been operating in since 1978 and where we have a significant industrial presence. The partnership with Faurecia is very important because we can effectively integrate our mutual know-how in order to best contribute to key projects such as those related to Pernambuco."
Magneti Marelli holds a 65 per cent stake while the remaining 35 per cent is held by Faurecia.
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh