Live webcast: Volkswagen unveils the Ameo compact sedan in India
The Volkswagen Ameo is a compact sub-four metre compact sedan that will rival the likes of the Maruti Swift Dzire, Ford Figo Aspire, Honda Amaze, Hyundai Xcent and Tata Zest. The VW Ameo is not a chopped up version of the Vento, but a sedan based on the Polo instead. The Ameo shares the PQ25 platform with the Polo and the Vento.
The Volkswagen Ameo will get the smaller rear doors from the Polo and the face is expected to be similar to the hatchback too, but we expect it to get LED daytime running lights that are expected to make their way to the 2016 Vento. The rear windshield will rake sharper than the Vento.
We expect the same engine options as the VW Polo a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. VW's compact sedan is also likely to make the same power and torque as the hatchback.
Starts Rs 5.96 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.1 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- NewsEV chargers planned for over 69,000 petrol pumps across India
- News2020 Toyota Innova Crysta facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.26 lakh
- News2021 BMW S 1000 R gets Euro V engine along with more tech and new styling
- NewsCOVID19: Maharashtra to screen travellers from NCR, Rajasthan, Goa and Gujarat
- NewsDucati updates XDiavel and Scrambler range for 2021