2014 TVS Scooty Zest launched in India at Rs 42,300
The new TVS Scooty Zest hits showrooms today. TVS has priced the new Scooty Zest at Rs 42,300 ex-Delhi. The Zest sits on top of the Scooty range and has many new features. It comes with textured floor boards, painted switches, new "twilight" front lamps and an LED tail lamp. In profile it looks similar to the Wego and borrows the Jupiter's end can. TVS claims the under seat storage is the biggest in its class at 19 litres. Other features include a 110mm drum brake at front and 130mm drum at the rear. The TVS Scooty Zest rides on telescopic forks in front and twin rated springs on the rear monoshock.
The new TVS Scooty Zest borrows its 110cc engine from the Jupiter/ Wego duo. This means a 110cc motor which makes 8PS and 8.7Nm. TVS claims a fuel efficiency of 62kmpl and a 0-60kmph time of 11.1s.
The launch opens with an address from TVS Motors' CEO and president, KN Radhakrishnan and they've spelled out their target market very clearly - the Scooty brand name has been aimed at young women and the Zest is expected to further cement that image, complete with an anthem and all. Scooter marketing head Anirudh Haldar even discussed the state of the scooter market and brought in some figures to showcase the growth in the market segment they're targeting, which, they continue to emphasise, comprises primarily of young girls.
More on the TVS Scooty Zest
- NewsHyundai i20 N unveiled with over 200PS and six-speed manual
- NewsVolkswagen India appoints Ashish Gupta as brand director
- NewsOver 50,000 bookings for the Kia Sonet, diesel models account for 40 per cent
- NewsNissan Magnite revealed: Everything we know so far
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite global unveil, exterior styling, interiors, features, engines, variants, details