Limited edition Vespa 946 Bellissima revealed
Grabbing eyeballs at the Vespa stall at this year's Auto Expo was the gorgeously styled Vespa 946 scooter - if we can call it that. With its floating saddle and clip-on pillion seat and strikingly futuristic lines, the 946 looks like a Flintstones-meet-Jetsons creation, straight out of a Hanna-Barbera production.
And now, Piaggio have gone a step ahead and outdone themselves by unveiling a limited edition of the 946. Pictured below in creamy white and space-age silver, the Vespa 946 Bellissima is a more chiselled version of the regular scooter.
Just like the 946, this edition will get a full LED headlamp, indicators and tail light and a fully digital LCD instrument cluster. However, the updates will come in the form of a chrome plated rear rack and the shade card will also include Metallic Blue and Metallic Gray. A passenger kit complimenting the design and colour of the updated version will be offered along with the Bellissima.
A 155cc, single-cylinder fuel-injected motor powers the Vespa 946 Bellissima and makes 13.2PS of peak power and delivers maximum torque of 12.6Nm. The regular Vespa 946 comes with ABS and ASR (anti-slip regulator) Traction Control as standard and has a body built from welded steel. But for the purpose of lightness, speed and durability, the new edition has aluminium components incorporated into its frame and mudguard.
Only a 100 units of the Vespa 946 Bellissima will be sold in the European market and they're bound to be rather dear. The regular Vespa 946 itself comes at 7,850 which is a steep Rs 6.35 lakh.
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Comparison test: KTM 390 Adventure vs Royal Enfield Himalayan BSVI vs BMW G 310 GS vs Hero Xpulse 200