Leaked: 2016 Hyundai Elantra
An image of the all new Hyundai Elantra has been leaked on the inter web, a month prior to its official unveil at the Seoul motor show in South Korea. The image reveals a bold new front end with a large grille that makes a car look more mature than the cutesy front end of the previous car.
Also new are the projector lamps with integrated turn indicators. The DRLs are vertically stacked at the edges of the new, large air dams.
Expect Hyundai to use its refined diesel engines as well as the new 1.6-litre T-GDI petrol unit that's seen in the new Hyundai Tuscon that is available globally. The 176PS engine is available with a choice of a seven-speed DCT or a six-speed manual.
The Hyundai Elantra has always boasted a long list of features that help the Korean battle with the like of the Toyota Corolla Altis, Volkswagen Jetta and the Skoda Octavia. The Elantra's cooled front seats, for instance, are a useful feature for our climate.
The new Elantra is expected to be launched in the Korean market later this year We expect Hyundai to launch the new Elantra in India thereafter or at the Auto Expo 2016
Starts Rs 17.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.78 Lakhs
- Nissan Magnite: Best-in-class, throughout
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch
- Top 5 most fuel efficient SUVs in India
- 2021 Toyota Land Cruiser customers in Japan to sign no-resell undertaking, bookings suspended