Launched BharatBenz trucks in India
Delivering on their promise of launching 17 models in India within the next 17 months, Daimler India Commercial Vehicles Pvt Ltd (DICV) has opened bookings for its first set of trucks. The three Heavy Duty BharatBenz Trucks - 2523R and 3123R for the haulage segment and 2523C for the construction segment are claimed to be the most fuel efficient in their segments. Based on the Axor platform, the heavy duty trucks feature a 230PS 6-cylinder engine. DCIV says that currently the trucks have 85 per cent localization and by the end of 2013, it will be 95.
Speaking on the occasion, Marc Llistosella MD and CEO of DCIV said, "Today is an important milestone for all of us at Daimler and Indian trucking as, from today on, Indian truck buyers will have a new choice. A choice of trucks that are more fuel efficient, more reliable and in the end makes them more successful. BharatBenz is here, and we are proud to have delivered on the promise we made since 2010, to launch our trucks in September 2012. We will drive the change in the Indian market with a new product experience, a new sales experience and a new service experience for our customers."
- First Ola electric car to be a large sedan
- 2022 Hyundai Venue facelift: Prices and variants explained
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be available in 4 variants and 9 colour options
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works