Launched: 2013 Mahindra e2o in India at Rs 5.96 lakh
Mahindra and Mahindra has launched the e2o electric car in India. Priced at Rs 5.96 lakh, on-road Delhi, the E2o is the same vehicle(NX-R) which was showcased at the 2012 Auto Expo. It is powered by an 48V Li-ion battery pack and a 3-phase electric motor which produces 19kW and 53Nm of power and torque respectively. It is mated to an automatic transmission. Mahindra says that the e2o has a range of 100km in one full charge and a top speed of 81kmph. Were you to run out of juice, there is a REVive technology which activates a reserve, allowing one to carry on the journey. For a full charge, the e2o takes five hours from a standard 220V 15A socket. The Li-ion battery also recharges through brake regeneration. It is also rechargeable via solar energy. Service intervals of the e2o will be once every year and Mahindra service officials will visit the home of the customer to carry it out.
As far as looks go, the e2o doesn't look any different from NXR showcased at the Auto Expo. It is put together with impact resistant body panels and pre-painted body parts. Inside, it can seat four occupants in reasonable comfort. Mahindra has kitted the e2o with remote lock/unlock and AC operation, a 6.2-inch touch screen system with inbuilt navigation system, stereo and many others.
Here is our first drive of the 2013 Mahindra e2o
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Triumph Trident 660 first ride review