Launched: 2013 Isuzu MU-7 and D-Max in India at Rs 23.75 and Rs 6.87 lakhs
Japanese car maker Isuzu has launched its Fortuner rival, the MU-7 and the D-Max single and double cabs in India. While the MU-7 is priced at Rs 23.75 lakh, the single cab version of the D-Max is priced at Rs 6.87 lakh and the double cab at Rs 8.07 lakh, ex-Hyderabad. Currently the company is bringing in these vehicles as CBUs, however, once local assembly starts at its newly acquired 4.3 lakh sq.metre land at Sricity, prices are expected to go down. The new plant is expected to go live by 2015 and will roll out the MU-7 and D-Max.
Powering the big MU-7 is a 165PS/340Nm 3.0-litre turbodiesel engine mated to a choice of 5-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmissions. Traditionally, the MU-7 looks like a typical old-school SUV, big, butch and with loads of street presence. In a bid to liven things, the Japanese car maker has applied generous smatterings of chrome on the grille and around the sides. Inside, there are three rows of leather seats and the usual goodies found in this segment.
Starts Rs 15.54 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030